Gymnastics has been a core part of the MLC curriculum since 1890.
With its gaining popularity as an aspect of house competitions over the years, MLC Gymnastics was started in 1979 with Mrs Frances Thompson as Head Coach. Three hundred students from Junior School through to Senior School were involved and within the first year, the teams were successful, receiving many titles and qualifying for State Championships.
Since the inception of the club, Gymnastics has provided gymnastics programs for College students and the local community. In 1996, the High Performance Program was established and since then, MLC has been an integral part of the national team program, developing gymnasts who have represented Australia at the highest level, in gymnastics, aerial skiing, and the Victorian Football League Women.
- Stephanie Moorhouse: Commonwealth Games 2002 (team Gold), World Championships 2003 (team Bronze), Olympics (Gymnastics) 2004
- Lydia Lassila: Winter Olympics (Aerial Skiing) 2002, 2006, 2010 (Gold), 2014 (Bronze)
- Alisa Camplin: Winter Olympics (Aerial Skiing) 2002 (Gold), 2006 (Bronze)
- Georgia Wheeler: Commonwealth Games 2010 (team Gold), World Championships 2010
- Stella Savvidou (Cyprus**): Commonwealth Games 2014
- Tamara Ong (Singapore**): Youth Olympic Games 2018
- Clare O’Donnell: VFLW Hawthorn FC 2018
**athlete represented an alternate country
Through expressive movement, we will deliver an experience that inspires potential and, a passion for an ongoing healthy and active lifestyle.
It is through a member centred approach, that we will pursue our vision by combining exceptional staff, programs, facilities, and resources.
The Gymnastics Club is comprised of an administration team and a large number of coaching staff. All of our coaches are accredited through Gymnastics Australia, ranging from beginning level through to high performance, as well as speciality trained coached for Kindergym and Cheerleading.