The Dance Program offers a variety of different dance styles including Ballet, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Jazz and Tap.
These classes are available to students from four years and above, for both MLC students and external.
All dance styles are taught by highly skilled dance instructors. All students will have the opportunity to demonstrate their dance knowledge and performance skills through a mid-year dance recital and at the end of year concert.
Our program includes an annual assessment during Term 3. This assessment is designed to make sure that our students have a full understanding of foundation and technique in each dance style. We also run an internal dance competition “MLC Dance Stars Challenge” for MLC Dance Students only. This is a great opportunity for students to develop their self-esteem and confidence in performing and competing.
Vision Statement of MLC Dance Program
Be Active, Be Creative, Be Positive, Be An MLC Dance Student
Students can expect to achieve the following skills from the program:
- To learn the foundation of dance skills by developing core strength, fitness and flexibility, coordination and performance skills
- To successfully work in a team/group environment, developing co-operation, trust and responsibility.
- To improve self-esteem and confidence through public performance.
- To expand on and improve their skills, through completing the annual assessment. Higher competency of execution and development of technique and style through continued practice of dance exercises and routines.
- To build on and expand their dance style repertoire. The ability to create their own dance movements and formulate a choreographic process (developing their individual creative skills) through the dance competition.
Dance Styles Offered:
Acro Dance is a beautiful fusion of the artistic motion of dance and the athleticism of Acrobatics. Acro Dance presents all of the skills on the hard floor with seamlessly integrating musicality, emotional expression, extension, control and line.
Classical ballet builds a disciplined technical foundation of dance skills. It is graceful, flowing and precise and nurtures individual artistic expression.
Contemporary dance is a style of expressive dance that combines elements of several dance styles. Contemporary dance encourages natural, spontaneous movement.
This dance style is often done in bare feet.
Hip Hop dance can be performed to many styles of music. This popular dance style combines elements of various street dance styles, set into a choreographed routine. You will learn arm, leg, head and body movements combined with upper body isolations, rolls and some floor dance.
Jazz dancing showcases a dancer's individual style and skill. It is energetic and fun using popular music to execute fast paced moves, fancy footwork, big leaps and quick turns.
Tap is a dance style characterised by using the sounds of tap shoes striking the floor. It is an exciting form of dance that uses your feet to create percussive beats, rhythmic patterns and timely beats. The sound is made by shoes that have metal “tap” on the heel and toe.
Connect with us
Follow us on Instagram: @mlckew_dance
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: MLC Kew Dance Program
Dance Program Enquiries:
Call MLC Dance Program on 03 – 92084798
Email Nakarin on email@example.com
Call MLC Gymnastics Office on 03 – 9274 6410
Email Steph on firstname.lastname@example.org